Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Rambling

Not a ton going on today, but I do have some good things to report. First two weeks ago we were asked to say the prayers in Sacrament Meeting. For those that know me know it's not a big deal for me to have to talk or pray in public, for those that know Ricky probably know that panic struck immediately. He cracks me up, first thing he said was "Why do you hate me? Are you trying to kill me?" Then last Saturday Jake called and said they were going to push back the prayer a week as there was a mission farewell. I told Ricky and he said "Good I get to live for another week."

So this morning came and I kid you not, for some odd reason when he got out of bed he totally started getting light headed, broke out in a sweat and couldn't stand for any length of time. I totally thought he was just trying to get out of saying the prayer. So he laid in bed for a bit. But I couldn't believe how nervous he felt. But he got ready and we went to church. Poor guy had to sit through the entire Sacrament meeting before he said the closing prayer. His hands were so clammy and he was SWEATING! But he did a great job! I love my husband.

After Sacrament Meeting we were asked to meet with the Bishop. Ricky again started panicking thinking he was getting a calling. But the Bishop was just checking in with us about our Sealing and what still needed to be done. So we will be putting in the paperwork within the next month or so hopefully for the First Presidency to approve the Sealing Cancellation and that way everything will be in order for our Sealing in August. YAY for that!

So those that need to plan for time off to travel up for the Sealing, we are planning it for August 22nd which is a Saturday. Please keep us in your prayers that the cancellation gets approved in time.


Love,

Lish & Ricky

4 comments:

Melanie said...

He did a great job! I can see how that would stress him out, it probably would me too!

Carolee said...

That is too funny!!

August will be here before you know it. I am so excited for you guys!! I wish I could be there with you.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Ricky did GREAT!

gojensens said...

Poor Ricky! I used to rather give a talk than a prayer, strange huh?! I could do both now, see how much I've grown! Hope all goes well for your temple sealing.