It's a new year and a new opportunity to prepare your home with a one-year supply of food for only about $5.00 a week for two people! If you've always wanted to get your food storage under control, then this is a great way to do this over time and in a very simple manner. Each month we will be printing the weekly purchases.
- Week 1: 2 cans tuna fish, 2 containers salt, 1 lb yeast
- Week 2: 5 boxes macaroni and cheese, 4 cans tomato soup
- Week 3: 3 cans mushroom soup, 2 1/2 lbs peanut butter
- Week 4: 1 bottle vitamins
Each week take $5.00 and then buy the specified item for that week. Remember that some weeks will not use all of the $5.00 and some weeks will use more then $5.00. Plan to set aside $5.00 each week regardless. There are also a few weeks you will have nothing to buy, but set aside the money for those weeks as well. by the end of the 52 weeks you will have 700 lbs of wheat, 240 lbs of sugar, 40 lbs of powdered milk, 13 lbs of salt, 10 lbs of honey, 5 lbs of peanut butter, 45 cans of tomato soup, 32 cans of mushroom soup, 15 cans of tuna fish, 10 boxes of macaroni and cheese, 500 aspirin, 730 multiple vitamins, 6 lbs of dried yeast and 6 lbs of shortening. This should sustain 2 people for 1 year.
* I personally substituted spaghetti for the macaroni and cheese since ricky prefers that over mac and cheese, and I'll do flour instead of wheat since I don't have a grinder and don't really know how to use wheat. Yes I know I need to be better about those things.
But there you go Katie :)
Lish & Ricky